The EM-NARI Government Affairs Committee supports our chapter mission by:
- Advocating both locally and nationally for the interests of our chapter membership and the consumers that we serve,
- Fostering awareness among our membership of current issues and requesting action from the membership when appropriate,
- Supporting legislation promoting professionalism in the remodeling industry,
- Collaborating with other industry professionals on governmental affairs on behalf of our industry,
- Creating visibility for our chapter in the area of government affairs, and
- Serving on boards or committees governing or affecting the remodeling industry.
ISSUE ALERTS! From the Government Affairs Committee
JULY 16, 2015. Boston, MA: The Office of Consumer Affairs and Business Regulation (OCABR) hosted a Public Comment Session attended by the EM NARI Government Affairs Committee. The session was convened in response to Executive Order 562 issued by Governor Baker on March 31. As part of that review, the OCABR is reviewing the Home Improvement Contractor (HIC) Program and the associated HIC Guaranty Fund. Learn more about EM NARI's response to the proposed changes. READ THE FULL STORY!