President's Message - August 2017
Typically the summer is a busy time for our members who are in the thick of projects and trying to squeeze in some vacation time. This year, EM NARI has had a very busy summer too! This year, EM NARI members have also been very active in committees. We thank all committee members for taking the time when they usually have the summer off. There were too many items that could not be put off till the fall this year.
NEW MENTORSHIP PROGRAM
One of the most exciting developments of the summer is our new EM NARI Mentorship Program. For years, we have worked to connect industry leaders with emerging businesses so they can share advice and best practices. This October we will launch a pilot program connecting 5-6 participants with experienced remodeling industry business owners. The program will run for 9 months and consist of a mix of individual and group meetings. A program application is required. If you feel you would benefit from a mentor relationship, consider applying to participate.
This committee is hard at work exploring ways we can expand the number of new skilled workers coming into the remodeling industry. We are looking at how we can get more young people interested in the industry, and how we can support our members as they onboard new workers and begin the process of training them to become the skilled craftsmen of tomorrow.
OTHER COMMITTEE NEWS
- Government Affairs: The government affairs committee has been working overtime on a number of fronts. Check out their blog article to catch up on all the regulatory and legislative news that affects you!
- CotY Awards: Planning for 2018 is underway. Contact us if you would like to sponsor the EM NARI CotY Awards and keep an eye out for the discounted entry period to begin soon.
- Education: The committee is in search of study group leaders – consider helping us run a CLC or CRPM group this fall. Also, there are changes coming to the CEU requirements for the CSL License Renewal. In the future, you will be limited in the number of CEUs you can get online – so the education committee is hard at work to create ways you can get all the CEUs you need at NARI!
- Membership: We are hosting our annual EM NARI Membership Drive at our October 4th event at F. D. Sterritt Lumber. Who do you know that would make a great EM NARI member? Contact us so we can send them a special invitation to join us that evening.
- PR Committee: The rebranding is almost here! Join us at the September 6th membership dinner as we unveil the new EM NARI logo and share all the resources you need to begin using it in your business.
Don’t miss the following upcoming events:
- September 6th: Don’t miss our annual Inspector’s Panel as we kick off the fall program series. We will also be hosting New Member Orientation that evening.
- September 20th: Our golf tournament is already filling up quickly. Make sure you register your foursome early!
- October 17th: Youth Remodeling Career Day at the Bolton Fairgrounds. We need about 12 additional members to host building activities and informational booths. Please consider helping us showcase the remodeling industry to these students.
Enjoy the rest of your summer. As always, feel free to contact me if you have questions or want to get more involved at EM NARI!