Each year EM NARI welcomes dozens of new members. Navigating membership can be difficult when you are new. With so many new faces, new opportunities to connect, and new benefits to explore, the EM NARI Membership Committee developed an orientation program to help members get up to speed quickly. In the process we have found that many of our long-standing members also benefit from the orientation session as a reminder of all that NARI has to offer.
In September, our Membership Committee’s orientation program took new members through the Steps to Success at EM NARI. Attendees met from each of our committee chairs, heard from new members and long-standing chapter leaders, and were encouraged to get involved along the way. Just in case you haven’t had a chance to join one of our orientation programs, here are some highlights from our Steps to Success at EM NARI…
1. Make sure your listing is up to date on our directory.
2. Make sure you – and others at your business – sign up for our e-blasts.
3. Connect with us online. (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Houzz)
4. Show up! When it comes to NARI, you have to be present to make the investment worthwhile. Take a few minutes and mark your calendar with these dates:
• Dinner meetings – First Wednesday of the Month
• Other events – Networking Events, Satellite Meetings, CotY Awards, Golf Tournament
• Educational Programs
5. Enter our Contractor of the Year (CotY) awards program.
6. Grow your remodeling business by taking advantage of our educational programs including NARI Certificates, CEU Programs, seminars and more!
7. Get a business card from at least one new person at each NARI event. Be sure to ask THEM questions about their business. The best way to network is to learn about others.
8. Stumped about something? Looking for a referral for a vendor or sub-contractor? Want to bounce ideas off a colleague? Reach out to us!
9. Bring a guest to a NARI meeting several times a year. Treat a co-worker, client, or business contact to dinner and share the EM NARI experience with them.
10. Spotlight your organization and the services you offer! Check out all our sponsorship and advertising opportunities.